In English, students study, use, and enjoy language and literature communicated orally, visually, or in writing.
- Students need to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes that enable them to be competent and confident writers.
- Writing is a major part of all curriculum areas and must be a focus for teaching and learning so it can be integrated effectively across the curriculum.
Through our teaching and learning programmes, our students should:
- Understand and use links between reading and writing.
- Become readers who select and read a wide range of texts for pleasure and information
- Make meaning and think critically about texts
- Use strategies to build comprehension, fluency and accuracy
- Be successful readers and writers who understand deeper and surface features that will suit the purpose and audience